Saturday, October 21, 2017

Mayo Clinic-Day 4

Mayo Clinic-Day 4 (Friday October 20, 2017)
Well we were supposed to sleep in today. Around 5:30 am my brain woke up and I wasn't able to sleep. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. Brianna was sleeping deeply and I didn't want to disturb her so I went down stairs and read my scriptures. I went back around 6:30 and Brianna was up. We talked and watched some TV in bed and just relaxed. Around 7:45 Brianna said we should start getting ready and go eat some breakfast. We got ourselves ready, slowly, and went down and had some breakfast. Biscuits and gravy again? YUP. For some reason I felt really anxious this morning and my gag reflux was acting up. For those of you who don't know me very well, when I am anxious/stressed I tend gag a lot. After we ate and headed to the clinic I was feeling better and stopped gagging. We headed off to the Clinic for the CT of the lungs. We arrived and had to travel al the way to the other side of the clinic. It is hard to describe just how big this place is. I think it is easily a mile long! I don't know if it is that big but it is definitely huge. I have described this place like DisneyWorld for a health administrator so I have enjoyed seeing how the process works. Anyway, Brianna was called back for the CT scan. This one took a little longer than the CT of the brain. This was the first day all week that we didn't have to be there all day! We actually got to leave the clinic and headed to lunch. Dr. Rose, the OB, let us know of some good places to eat around and one of those was a pizza joint. I have been eating pizza all week so why ruin the trend? We got this amazing pizza and some drinks and headed to a park.

I think it is important at this point of our life to take some time to reflect and also spend some precious time together. We laughed, talked and had a wonderful time together and it was almost like we weren't at the mayo clinic and that we were just living a special moment together. Truly, this is how I feel with every moment with Brianna. I am so lucky to have her and I feel like every moment with her is like a dream come true. As we were finishing eating, a homeless guy walked by so we decided to talk to him. We had gotten too much pizza so we gave the rest to him and he looked very happy about that. We told him to have a good day and then we headed out.

Brianna wanted to know how close the nearest temple was so I decided to look it up and realized it was only 1.5 hours away. For those of you who don't know, in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we build beautiful temples. The temple is a holy place where we go to worship Heavenly Father and to find inspiration and feel peace. We decided that because our doctor was out for the day that we wouldn't be called back in for more test so we wanted to take this opportunity to go to the temple together. However, Brianna reminded me that Dr. Flanagan was going to call us to go over the CT results. As we were talking about him and wondering if when he would call, my phone started ringing. It was Dr. Flanagan and he wanted to let us know that he had reviewed the results and there was no sign of a tumor or any cancer in the lungs which was a relief. We felt very relaxed and we felt we had nothing holding us back from going to the temple. We headed to the stores to get some nicer clothes and then went to the hotel to rest before we headed out. I took a nap while Brianna talked with her family. She woke me up and told me it was time to get ready to head out. We got not he road and started heading to the temple in St. Paul, MN. We needed to be there by 5:45 pm and we were pushing it close to get there on time. I probably shouldn't say this but I didn't really have time to get gas and we made it there on fumes! Luckily shortly after attending I got some gas and we were okay but I definitely took a risk.

Attending the temple was one of the best choices we have made all week. We were able to feel such peace there together. It was an opportunity to leave the troubles of the world behind us. We turned our phones off and just spent some time in the temple. We came out refreshed and stronger than when we had gone in. We both felt that this was the best decision for us today. We started heading home and Brianna wanted dinner so we went out. It was so nice to spend time together again. It has been nice having all these dates as we haven't been the best doing a weekly date night so it has been nice catching up on dates even if it isn't the best reason for having all these dates. We headed back home and now we are getting ready for bed. The next couple of days will be a little slower as the clinic is closed on the weekends but I will continue to update as we go.

We were both reminded again tonight that Heavenly Father knows His children. He knows us and we know that He loves us. We feel that love through each of you as well as through Him. We know that Heavenly Father knows you. He loves you and through His love you can overcome all things. In our weakest moments, we are not alone. Although we may feel abandoned at times, our Heavenly Father will send us the comfort that we need in the moment that we need it. Whether it is someone talking to us or just a thought of being loved. We know that God lives and that He loves us. We testify that we can overcome all things by putting our faith and trust in God.

Thank you again for all your love and support. I am finally caught up and will continue to keep all of you up to date. Please let us know if there are any questions that need to be addressed or answered. Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

  1. I am hoping Dr. Flanagan has the chance to discuss Brianna’s Case with numerous physicians at the conference this weekend. Perhaps he will return with new insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you all week and that I am praying for you! I miss you both so much and I wish there was something I could do to help. I will keep praying for you and following the posts on here. Thank you for keeping us all up to date. Brianna, you are such an amazing and strong person! you were the best roommate anyone could ask for! Get well soon! :)

    Love,

    Ronnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable blog! I have no words to praise, it has really allured me. http://urgentcarenearme.me/

    ReplyDelete