Sunday, October 22, 2017

Mayo Clinic-Day 5 (Surprise)

Mayo Clinic-Day 5 (Saturday October 21, 2017)
We finally didn't have to go running around to doctors appointments. A beautiful day to sleep in right? Unfortunately my mind has an issue with shutting off lately...I woke up around 5:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned for little bit and then decided to just get up. Brianna was able to sleep in until around 6:30 am but even that wasn't sleeping in. We stayed in our room and were being pretty lazy until around 8 am when we decided to go and get some breakfast. I know some of you are wondering....Biscuits and gravy? Nope, I decided to have hot cocoa and Brianna had some cereal. Why I feel like sharing these little details with y'all, I am not sure but I do. Anyway, following breakfast we realized we needed to do some laundry. We had only packed for five days as we didn't know how long we were going to be here. Knowing we are going to be here until next Saturday at least, we decided to do some laundry. TALK ABOUT ROBBING US! The washer was $1.50 per load and the dryer was $1.25 per load. We also paid for detergent and dryer sheets. We ended up doing to separate loads. We ran out of money and I didn't want to go all the way to the store yet because I had a surprise for Brianna and wanted to wait until we went out for that. I went to the front desk and they allowed me to take out a "loan" of quarters as longs I promised to pay them back, which I did. We started the laundry and then headed to our room. As I was behind on blogs and other paperwork, I began to work on that while Brianna went to take a nap. She sleeps a lot more now and I am not sure if it is the pregnancy, the tumor or the stress but I am certain it is at least a mixture of all three.

I finished the blog while working on laundry and Brianna continued to rest. I watched some sports and then part of a movie and around 1 pm, I decided that we would need to leave the hotel for Brianna's surprise. We went to get lunch and ended up at Subway (Eat Fresh). While we were in line and ordering our sandwiches, the manager explained that her computer had crashed and that because we were in line while it happened she felt the need to pay for our lunch. This was a wonderful blessing for us as we have been spending so much on all the eating out already. Again, another tender mercy that the Lord knows us and knows our needs. We ate our lunch and then walked around Walmart getting some supplies that we were in need of.

Meanwhile, what Brianna wasn't aware of was that her parents had been flown out to Rochester, MN to help take care of her. I had it all set up. When they arrived, they were to take a shuttle to the hotel while we were out. I had prearranged with the hotel manager to have a key waiting for Kim and Terry to have access to our room. They arrived and waited in our room patiently. They arrived while we were eating lunch, but we still needed some supplies from Walmart so I quickly moved through the store to get what we needed without letting Brianna know I was rushing. I was very excited for her to get to her parents as I knew that would really bring some much needed comfort. We arrived at the hotel and headed up the stairs and the maid was in our room. Not knowing if Kim and Terry were in there, I told Brianna we should go and wait while she finished. Kim texted me and told me that they were indeed in there so we went back as the maid was leaving. I walked in and Kim and Terry were hiding behind the wall so I just kept walking as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Brianna followed and as she came in she turned and looked and seemed shocked! She didn't believe that her parents were actually here. We spent the rest of the day spending time with Brianna's mom and dad and just relaxed around the hotel. We also went to dinner and had some fun just driving around together. The rest of the evening we just relaxed and shared stories in our hotel room as well as showing videos. Kim and Terry were pretty tired from all of the traveling so they went to bed early.

Today has been a wonderful day being around family. It is always amazing to me that family can change the attitude of what is going on because we are able to fully feel the love of others around us. It was so wonderful having someone to take us in their arms and tell us that we were not alone. Today Brianna and I were given the tender mercy from the Lord of having family here. We were reminded yet again that Heavenly Father loves us and knows our needs. Brianna needed her parents here and they needed to be here to help each other through this. (I needed them too!). We know that the power of prayer is real. We know that Heavenly Father loves us and that He has a plan for each of us to return to live with Him. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of His children to return to live with Him because He loves each one of us. He knows each one of us individually and He wants us to feel of His love. We know that Families can and will be forever. We know that our family will be together forever. Heavenly Father lives, He knows His children and their needs. Jesus Christ is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world and through Him we can find peace and everlasting joy. We know without a doubt that prayers are answered and that our family is forever.

Thank you forever and always for sharing your love with us and praying for us on our behalf. We will never be able to thank each of you enough for your love and support. Please know we feel your prayers being answered and we know that we are loved.





No comments:

Post a Comment